Yes, I have one of those static cling number stickers in my back car window.
Yes, I keep track of my Continue reading
On the Richter Scale of Significance, each one shakes a little. But combine a few, and well, you might just be surprised at what happens. Ready?
- Desire the exceptional, but work hard to appreciate the normal, because there’s a lot more of it.
- Stop being jealous. You’re seeing a highlight reel, not the whole game.
- Talk to someone new, every day.
- Repeat these words, out loud, and often: Action precedes motivation.
- Stop waiting for the perfect time. There’s no such thing.
- Hang out with people who are nothing like you.
- Speak less. Listen more. And forgive even more.
- Do something nice, anonymously.
- Put your credit card in a bowl. Run water in the bowl. Place the bowl in the freezer.
- Using a pen and paper, write a note to someone each week.
- Be on time.
- Do something that requires physical exertion. It doesn’t matter too much what it is, just do it. Then, repeat.
- Visit a graveyard occasionally. Perspective lives there.
- Pray. Whether you’re used to it or not, it’ll help you realize you’re not at the center of everything. And that’s a good thing.
- Speak life. Don’t let your mouth second every motion made by your brain.
- Fail trying.