I remember the start.
It was 2008. The beginning of September.
A tenth of a mile at first. Walking. Continue reading
Extraordinary days aren’t always pleasant. Especially when
The struggle is real. You hear me? The struggle is real.
Though certainly not isolated, that one morning Continue reading
Wanting to change isn’t the issue. Knowing where to begin, that’s the big deal. Your healthier life is possible. A few thoughts on how Continue reading
Yes, I have one of those static cling number stickers in my back car window.
Yes, I keep track of my Continue reading
On the Richter Scale of Significance, each one shakes a little. But combine a few, and well, you might just be surprised at what happens. Ready?
- Desire the exceptional, but work hard to appreciate the normal, because there’s a lot more of it.
- Stop being jealous. You’re seeing a highlight reel, not the whole game.
- Talk to someone new, every day.
- Repeat these words, out loud, and often: Action precedes motivation.
- Stop waiting for the perfect time. There’s no such thing.
- Hang out with people who are nothing like you.
- Speak less. Listen more. And forgive even more.
- Do something nice, anonymously.
- Put your credit card in a bowl. Run water in the bowl. Place the bowl in the freezer.
- Using a pen and paper, write a note to someone each week.
- Be on time.
- Do something that requires physical exertion. It doesn’t matter too much what it is, just do it. Then, repeat.
- Visit a graveyard occasionally. Perspective lives there.
- Pray. Whether you’re used to it or not, it’ll help you realize you’re not at the center of everything. And that’s a good thing.
- Speak life. Don’t let your mouth second every motion made by your brain.
- Fail trying.